COVID-19 Info for Patients
A message to all our patients at Stamford Ophthalmology:
We hope this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. Our mission at Stamford Ophthalmology has always been to provide you with the highest quality ophthalmic care with kindness, compassion and efficiency. Now, in the time of the coronavirus, we add “safety” to our mission. As we reopen our practice, we want you to be aware of the protocols we have instituted to keep you and our staff as safe as possible. Some of these changes may make your appointment a little longer than usual, but please bear with us as we work to achieve this goal.
1. Patients will no longer check in at the front desk. You will be pre-registered remotely through our electronic health record portal prior to your visit. We will guide you in this process when you book your appointment.
2. You will wait in your car in the parking lot until the doctor is ready to see you. When you arrive at our building, you will call our dedicated appointment check-in number at 203-550-2664 and we will contact you to come down. There will be no waiting in the waiting room.
3. You will have your temperature taken before you enter the office and will be asked about COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone who has a temperature over 100.4 must reschedule. If you are not feeling well, have a cough or a fever, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 near the time of your appointment, please wait a minimum of 2 weeks to reschedule.
4. We ask that you come alone to your appointment unless you require assistance or unless you are a parent accompanying a minor.
5. All patients must wear masks in the office. Please bring your own mask.
6. The Optical Shop is open but we will be maintaining strict social distancing. Wren, our optician, will assist you in selecting frames.
7. We will no longer be accepting cash payments. Only credit cards, checks, Apple Pay and Android Pay will be accepted at this time.
Thank you for your understanding. Together we will get through this safely.
Drs. Siderides, Vietorisz, Wolf, Pribis, Schneider and all the staff at Stamford Ophthalmology