Stamford Ophthalmology is a state-of-the-art eye care facility conveniently located in the heart of downtown Stamford. Our experienced team of specialists is dedicated to providing our patients the highest quality ophthalmic care with kindness, compassion and efficiency.
Please call 203-327-5808 to make an appointment with one of our doctors.
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
Stamford Ophthalmology offers complete eye examinations to assess the overall health of the eyes and address any specific medical or visual issues.
A Comprehensive Eye Examination usually includes:
- Measurement of the visual acuity at distance and near, and a refraction to determine any lens correction needed.
- Measurement of the eye pressure (intraocular pressure).
- Measurement of the pupil reactivity, ocular movement and alignment.
- Detailed examination of the external and internal anatomy of the eye.
- Examination of the retina and optic nerve, usually with dilation of the pupils.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Disease
Stamford Ophthalmology offers diagnostic testing and medical and surgical options for most eye disorders.
Disorders commonly diagnosed and treated include:
A Full Range of Optical Correction is Available
- Stamford Ophthalmology’s in-house Optical Shop offers wide selection of frame and lens choices with expert fitting and adjustment by certified opticians.
- Dr. Maria Pribis specializes in contact lens fitting. Contact lens options include lenses for astigmatism, multi-focal lenses, disposables, and more.
- Premium Lens Implants to improve your range of vision following cataract surgery.
Convenient Office Location
Stamford Ophthalmology is proud to accept most medical insurance plans. Our staff will be happy to assist you in submitting and processing your claims, however, it is your right and responsibility to know which services your insurance will cover. For a list to insurances that we participate with, please go to Insurance.
Notice of Privacy Practices